Saturday, January 27, 2007

Two for One

I cant hear song's about child abuse without being a little freaked out. I have to be honest. But this one ....a teacher played this for her class...and she had 6 students...two of which were removed from thier homes after she played this for her class. They came to her...seeking her help. We live in such a messed up world.

"Alyssa Lies" by Jason Michael Carroll
1st Verse My little girl met a new friend just the other day
On the playground at school
Between the tires and the swing
But she came home with tear-filled eyes
And she said to me, 'Daddy,Alyssa lies'

2nd Verse Well, I just brushed it off at first'
Cause I didn't know how much
My little girl had been hurt
Nor the thing that she had seen
I wasn't ready, when I said, 'You could tell me'
And she said,

ChorusAlyssa lies to the classroom
Alyssa lies every day at school
Alyssa lies to the teachers
As she tries to cover every bruise

3rd Verse My little girl laid her head down
That night to go to sleep
As I stepped out' the room,
I heard her say
A prayer so soft and sweet,
'God bless my Mom and my Dad
And my new friend Alyssa
Oh, I know she needs you bad, because'

(Repeat Chorus) Bridge

I had the worst night 'a sleep in years
As I tried to think of a way to calm her fears
I knew exactly what I had to do
But when we got to school on Monday
I heard the news

3rd Verse My little girl asked me why everybody looked so sad
The lump in my throat grew bigger
With every question that she asked
Until I felt the tears run down my face
And I told her that AlyssaWouldn't be at school today

Tag Chorus'
Cause she doesn't lie in the classroom
She doesn't lie anymore at school
Alyssa lies with Jesus
Because there's nothin' anyone would do

Tag Tears filled my eyes
When my little girl asked me whyAlyssa lies
Oh DaddyOh Daddy, tell me whyAlyssa lies

No comments: