Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Choices -Mid Week Epistole

Choices



Many times in my life I have been confronted with choices. Not just the daily ones of where to go or what to eat or what to wear, but difficult choices. Ones that require me to stop and evaluate everything that I am and have dreams of becoming in the future. It is at times like this that I am reminded of a poem by Horatius Bonar.

Choose Thou For Me



Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
However dark it be!

Lead me by Thine own hand;

Choose out my path for me.

I dare not choose my lot:

I would not, if I might;

Choose Thou for me, my God,

So shall I walk aright...



The kingdom that I seek

Is Thine: so let the way

That leads to it be Thine,

Else I must surely stray.

Take Thou my cup, and it

With joy or sorrow fill,

As best to Thee may seem;

Choose Thou my good and ill.



Choose Thou for me my friends,

My sickness, or my health;

Choose Thou my cares for me

My poverty, or wealth.

Not mine, not mine the choice,

In things both great and small;

Be Thou my Guide, my Strength,

My Wisdom, and my all.

What would happen in your life if this was to become one of the guides for you? Would it change anything, or would it affirm the path that you are walking with God right now.

Take a moment and prayerfully consider what these words might mean to you today. Then please lift your heart and hands to God and offer Him all that you are.



This has been Rev. Jim Massey. Join me next week and we will share a special witness together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....