Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Does God cause bad things to happen?

Let's be honest. This is everywhere right now. But I do not actually seeing many conservative Christians blaming God. I see a lot of lib blame placing on con's for doing this. But not actually hearing Conservatives say this.

Most Conservative Christians know that Bad things happen because of origional sin. We live in a world filled with Choas because of origional sin. God is not smiteing us. God is not punishing us. But God hopes that we use bad happenings to turn to Him. He hopes we see them as chances to find the way to walk closer with our Lord and Saviour.

And I have seen that in the past week. I have seen communities come together to do God's work. When our church reached out to our community to ask for help to give basic nessassities to the victems of the hurricane. I also saw message board post that said "I would not give to a church, even to help those in need."

God knows we will hurt. He hopes that we use that hurt to find our way to Him. That we take our pain and put it to work. That we take our grief and our pain and lay it at the foot of the cross. There is a book by Max Lucado called, "Traveling light." He talks a great deal about how God did not intend for us to carry pain and hurt. That Christ died so we whould not need to. Grief, Sorrow, Dissappointment, etc.. Christ died to take those away from us.

All we have to do, is choose God. Choose God above all else. I can not imagine anything simplier. I see Christians fight amongst themselves of do you need works to go to heaven. Or did just accepting Christ do the job. I have a question for those who ask. If you love Christ for His sacrfice...Why would you not do His work here on earth? Why would you not do whatever you could to bring others to Christ?

Matthew 25: 34-40


34"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, (A)inherit the kingdom prepared for you (B)from the foundation of the world.

35'For (C)I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; (D)I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;

36(E)naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you (F)visited Me; (G)I was in prison, and you came to Me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?

38'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?

39'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'

40"(H)The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, (I)to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

No comments: