Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hurricanes, Supreme court Nominations, 9/11 and God

I have been really busy lately. We have been collecting "health kits" at church for the hurricane dislocated. I do not want to go into a 3 page rant on Bush saying today it was his fault. There was fault..but some was his, by far not all of it. The whole mess has become a political joke. All we can do is what we can to help. I think placing blame is another unnessasary game to play. People die, and instead of helping...the country plays who should we blame.

Roberts is doing an amazing job. I think he will be a great Chief Justice.

Last sunday, my Youth group kids had a spaggehti dinner. They raised 210$. A chunk of that will be used next week for bowling..and the rest will go to our adopted apportionment...the ethnic minority fund. :) I am really proud of the kids. They were funny during thier performances and they worked thier bottems off. They impressed me. They took time to remember those who died on 9/11. That was thier idea. When one of our juniors said the prayer before the meal...he did a great job. You could tell it came from his heart. They just did a great job. And I am even happier that people came out to support them. Almost the whole Ad Board from the church was there. They are great kids. I am glad that others had the chance to see it.

One thing I have noticed lately is that when bad things happen, those who do not walk with God...Blame God. God tells us clearly that bad things will happen. John 16:33. And Jesus said, "in this world you will have difficulties. Take heart. I have overcome the world." Life is not suppose to be easy. I pray that many of those who died on 9/11 and those who died during the hurricane went home to be with our Father in Heaven. I pray that they had that relationship so that they could be with him forever more in His kingdom. And here on earth...I pray for those who lost someone they love. Because they truely are the ones who are suffering. Those in heaven, know no more pain. No more suffering. So my heart aches, for those left behind to deal with the grief.

No comments: