Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas is Coming !

This advent season has been so...busy. I love this time of year, but I get so busy that I feel like Sometimes I am rushing right by the meaning. And I do not want to do that. God's gift to the world...salvation through Christ.

On one debate board I post on, we have been debating "faith sharing." It bothers me that people think that if you share your faith, you are imposing Your beliefs on someone else. Christ tells us to share our faith. It is the one thing He really commands. Love one another. That love includes offering others salvation. Giving them the gift of eternal life and the chance to know God the Father, who is so merciful. Christians are not perfect, but we are forgiven.

As a Methodist, I believe that there is no Easter morning without the preperations of Advent of Christ coming again and the Christmas morning in a stable. No Cross on Calvary without a infant worshipped by shepherds.

I want so badly to just focus on that..the forgiveness of sins this holiday season.