Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Rainbows

This morning when I left my house, It was pouring rain. I ran the kids to the car, and set off to the school. Only to find 1/2 way to the school, that my husband never bothered to put the new wiper blades I bought him on the truck. But since Brianna tore my mirror off my van window, I had to take the truck.

So, I get behind a dump truck and follow him up the hill. Did I mention I was already 10 minutes late? I get to school, Leave the girls in the truck and it running While I walk 15 feet away to watch Jake down the stairs and into the school. We got there right as the bell rang. When He turned to tell me goodbye, He said "Mama, Look!" and there it was. A complete rainbow. It was bueatiful. He said, "See, It's God's promise mama."

God made so many promises to us. But at that moment, It reminded me that God loves me. In all the stress of the last week, we were not alone. God was there holding us close. He was comforting us and giving us the strength to carry on. God's promise.

Well, I had to then share it with the girls in the car. They oohh'd and ahhh'd all over the place. And as I drove to the store to get the milk, I followed the rainbow and God's promise of love. I will carry it with me all day. A little sunshine in my pocket, bright colors to remind me that thier is sunshine after the rain, and every cloud has a silver lining.