Monday, July 24, 2006

Each New Day- By Jim Massey (Mid Week Epistole)

Each New Day

Did you take the time this morning to look at the new day? Was it exciting as the sun began to break over the horizon? The first light of the day truly shatters the darkness, but in a calm yet penetrating way. Every new day begins with the same power and intensity. But how important is this day should be the question on your mind. God gave it to you for a purpose and it was for you to chose how to find purpose in it.

"A New Day"
This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good, but what I do today is important, because I am exchanging a day of my life for it! When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. It want it to be gain, and not loss; good, and not evil; success, and not failure; in order that I shall not regret the price that I have paid for it."
Dr. Heartsill Wilson

The poem tells me the cost of making a decision to use the day wisely, but it does not tell me that the day itself has a cost to it. You see the beauty of God's love is not that the day carries a cost of creation, but that the day shows forth the desire of God to give you the best of every day of life - freely and consistently.
Treasure this day because God created it just as carefully as He created you.

Loving Father, how wonderful it is to see Your creative power in our world. Let us be a faithful witness to the dream of life that You created in us this day. In the blessed name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

This has been Rev. Jim Massey. Join me next week when we will try and find where we are.

No comments: