Tuesday, September 19, 2006

An Article on Politics and Christianity

The only thing I would add is that neither party I believe is completely compatable with the bible. But this is a great article. It really is. IT expresses so many of my own views and thoughts on this.

Here is just part of it....follow the link for the rest. Well, worth the read.



I get emails all the time from Democrats who jump all over me, telling me that they are life-long Christians and saying 'how dare I suggest that being a Christian and being a Democrat are mutually exclusive?' Did I say that? (I believe it, but I don't remember saying so. No matter. I am saying so now.)


I suppose it is possible to be a Christian AND a Democrat, but I don't believe it is possible for anyone to be sincere about either and make a credible claim to be both.

How can one be a sincere Christian and support the ACLU's efforts to ban God from public schools, for example. How can one support the appointment of judicial candidates based solely on the criteria that they have a philosophical agreement with Roe v. Wade while still claiming to be a Christian? It doesn't make any sense to me.

It is incomprehensible to me that the Democrats can oppose a candidate based on his personal philosophy and then deny that is the criteria they are using, at the same time SAYING that is the criteria they are basing their opposition on?

The Democrats oppose virtually every single major teaching of Christianity, but take great offense at any suggestion that they are not just as devout in their Christianity as 'the other guys'.

One of the first arguments offered is that Republicans 'aren't any better.' To prove it, they trot out endless examples of poor Christian witness among Republicans. I am not sure how that is relevant, but it does fit into the overall worldview of the US Democratic party.

.....


follow the link for the rest. Well, worth the read.

No comments: