Friday, September 22, 2006

The Journey

There comes a day we accept Christ in our lives. Even if you were raised in your faith, there is probably that "I got it" moment. that one moment where things become crystal clear. That moment your life is changed. And although your heart changes that day, your life...well...it may not completely change all at once in that one day. We do not just change directions and never twist and turn and go back. Our journey with Christ is a walk. Some days, we go the right direction...others...we dont. The key is always getting back on the path less traveled.

On that path, situations present themselves to do God's work. Even sometimes when you wonder off the path they are there...waiting and calling for you. Doing the work of being a Christian...is like deciding how you walk. Are you going to be quick to take a step, slow to take a step, are you going to laugh and sing and dance along the way? Are you dragging behind you all this luggage because you think you need it? that is why that path is different for each of us, not what we should do...but how we as a human being decide to walk it. We also decide to get on the path, or to wonder off of it on our own.

For me, I can not imagine not serving my Loving God. I want my life to reflect God's teachings. I want to be obedient, not because God is a forceful "you must follow me or else" kind of God. But because I want to please a loving father, a faithful father, a father who first loved me. I serve not only out of obediance, but out of love. I keep God's commands not out of obediance but out of love. I do "the work of a Christian", not out of obediance, but out of love for the Father who first loved all of us and created us in His image.

No comments: