Thursday, September 21, 2006

My "Theme" This Week in the Days of My Life

"What is popular is not always right. And What is right is not always popular."

This has not been a good week in the life of me. I would not even know where to begin. But suffice to say, I have said a lot of very unpopular things this week. Things that people not only disagree with....but have taken issue with me directly over.

*** People dieing in the desert is not an acceptable alternative to me on the issue of immigration. When I value life, it means I value ALL life. I think the border is a real issue. I think that a wall is great....if it actually covers the 2,000 miles of border and there is enough money and manpower to actually guard it. Stopping the tunnels that people dig under the current fences would be a great place to start. But people dieing in the desert is not an acceptable alternative.

*** Anti-semitism is growing around the world. Not just in the United States. And it is not just the extreme right. It is growing larger and faster in the left leaning side of our political spectrum..and around the world. All those nations that hate us, and curse Bush...also are seeing high levels of new anti-semitism. So, no. I am not imagining this. This is a problem. I am sorry you do not like your own party has people in it who hate jews. But neither do I. It is time for everyone to say enough is enough.

*** Christ calls us to make disciples of all nations. I am sorry if you do not want to hear the message. But the message is not a punishment for you. And it does not mean that I do not have the right to offer that gift to someone else just because you do not want it. IT is not a yoke, it is not a noose....it is a gift. It is yours to accept, deny, throw away or hold close. But just because you do not like my message, does not mean I should not have the right to say it. We still have freedom of speech in this nation, and the freedom of religion. Our founding fathers felt it so important...they put it first in the very first amendment.

*** You complain about having to show an ID, and then in the next breathe complain about voter fraud. If you want to make sure that fraud is not committed in elections, use a little commen sense. I do. The place to stop it is not allowing people to vote more then once, and keeping those who are not legally able to vote from voting. If you really actually want to stop voter fraud, what is the problem with a voter ID? Expecially since states say they would provide them free of charge to those who need one to vote?

*** All laws are based on someone's moral beliefs. It does not matter how they get to that point. Whether it is thier religious beliefs or that thier great aunt's brother's sister told them it. What matters is that people should not be denied the right to vote based on how they come to that moral belief. Just because one person uses thier religion as thier compass, does not mean the conclusion is wrong. And voting for someone who agree's with your end conclusion is NOT forcing your religious beliefs on someone else. Its not. It is voting for what YOU believe.

No comments: