Monday, October 03, 2005

Bush has let me down a lot recently (M)

First, He is going to reimburse churches for the Aid they gave victems during Hurricane Katrina. Social programs should come from Private Charities. IT is not the role of the government to parent its people. WE THE PEOPLE, remember that line?? We the people are the ones who elect our representatives. It is not our representatives job to be a nanny state. We elect them, they do not rule over us.

But now, electing another stealth moderate to the court. I am disappointed in both Roberts and Harriet Miers. Neither are a strong conservative. Actually, we do not know what they feel or how they think because neither has much experiance. But It goes beyond that. I am tired of the court trying to make law. It is thier job to inturpret law as written in the Constitution. It is not thier job to rewrite law based on thier feelings or other nations interpretations of law.

I am a registarted indepedent. If anything I am closer to the Constitutionalist Party. I actually see alot of people whose beliefs seem to line up with the Constitutionalist Party. People are tired of what this nation has been allowed to warp into. IT no longer is the nation of our founding fathers. It has been twisted into a heathen nation.

The only good thing is...we will know to elect someone who is actually more conservative next time around. We have time to see what Roberts and Miers do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, see now you may regret sending me your link. Anyway...I'm not sure that Roberts is a moderate and I have no idea about Harriet lol. What I do think is that had Bush picked nominees who had a track record of voting that reflected a staunch right-wing view, the left would likely never let them in. So, in a way, having no record to really work for us if these two end up being what I hope they are.

Ultimately, Bush is human, he's going to make mistakes but I think what we had to chose between in 04 left us little choice - you know?

((HUGS)) to ya girl. I quickly grow weary of politics because I see things as very black and white while politicians tend to have much gray.