Monday, October 10, 2005

God in my life

I am tired of Jerry Falwell and James Dobsen deciding they speak for all Christians.

I think I am just tired.

God is so wonderful. I mean, He is so loving and so caring. I can not understand why people feel the need to bash God and those who believe. I want so badly for others to know what I know. To feel what I feel happening in my life. I want others to come to know what a loving God we have.

I just pray that God will grant me the privilage of helping bring others to Him. That He will use me as His vessel and mold me into what He would have me be.

My walk is a personal one, but It is something I want for everyone. I want others to know about God. I want them know about sin, and I want them to know about forgiveness. I really want them to know about how wonderful it is to have your cares lifted from you. About the comfort you find in the arms of Christ who loves you. I want others to smile when they know they are not alone, even in thier darkest moments.

I do not want others to feel that blackness I felt when I pushed God from my life. I look back and know that it was the seperation from the God I love that made me feel like I was in that dark hole. It was the being apart from God that kept the light from shining in my life, and kept my heart from opening to His presense. It was the depression of darkness that kept my life in that low place for so long. But God took my heart and my anger. He took my sin and had me lay it at the foot of the cross. He gave me light, and held me in the palm of His hand.

I have children. I can not imagine saying...Please take my son, so that all who ask can be forgivess. He sacrficed so that we may be forgiven.

Questions of faith are everywhere. On Hannity today, questions of faith came up in threads about homosexuality. On Answerology a question of faith came up when the question was asked to explain your belief system. This question even made it into the top 10 responded to questions. And Even the News is talking about faith.

Our old preacher read an article about how Christianity survived despite the trials it faced. That the life of one man changed millions of lives 2,000 years later. The history of our faith is amazing. Truely God's hand is working in our lives.

No comments: