Saturday, August 19, 2006

Lakeshore on my mind

Every once in a while a hymn will get stuck in my mind. Life has been so stressful lately, but I do not want to go into that now. I pray that God hears our prayers, and know He does. I hear Him call me, and Although I fail to always follow....I pray for each chance I get to try.


1
Lord, you have come to the lakeshore
looking neither for wealthy nor wise ones.
You only asked me to follow humbly.

Refrain
O Lord, with your eyes you have searched me,
kindly smiling, have spoken my name.
Now my boat's left on the shoreline behind me;
by your side I will seek other seas.

2
You know so well my possessions;
my boat carries no gold and no weapons;
But nets and fishes -- my daily labor.

3
You need my hands, full of caring,
through my labors to give others rest,
and constant love that keeps on loving.

4
You, who have fished other oceans
ever longed-for by souls who are waiting,
my loving friend, as thus you call me.

No comments: