Monday, November 27, 2006

We Need A Little Christmas

Check here for a Christmas song hopefully everyday until Christmas.

This is one of my favorites. When we were kids, Johnna sang this song in a Christmas Program at school when she was in 6th Grade. I love music....but I will never forget this song is associated with my little sister I love so much.

WE NEED A LITTLE
CHRISTMAS


Haul out the holly;
Put up the tree before
My spirit falls again.
Fill up the stockings,
I may be rushing things,
But deck the halls again now.
For we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute,
Candles in the window,
Carols at the spinet.
Yes, we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute.
It hasn't snowed a single flurry,
But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry;
So climb down the chimney;
Turn on the brightest string of lights
I've ever seen.
Slice up the fruitcake;
It's time we hung some tinsel
On that evergreen bough.
For I've grown a little leaner,
Grown a little colder,
Grown a little sadder,
Grown a little older,
And I need a little angel
Sitting on my shoulder,
Need a little Christmas now.

For we need a little music,
Need a little laughter,
Need a little singing
Ringing through the rafter,
And we need a little snappy
"Happy ever after"
Need a little Christmas now.
We need a little Christmas now!

© Music and Lyrics by Jerry Herman


No comments: