Thursday, July 12, 2007

Where We Come From

I have been spending a lot of time lately looking into my ancestory. I can go back in many cases to the early 1700's...and in a few cases much earlier. It amazes me to see where I came from, who I am, and who those before me were. What they did, How they lived, etc.

My family can trace its roots back in my hometown to the first settlers in the area. They crossed back and forth between that area from West Virginia, to Maryland to right on the border in Pennsylvania for over 200 years. I feel lately a little guilty for being the one to break away from that. But there are just not jobs there. No way to make a living. I would do anything to go home again...But atlast, that is one place we all can never go.


Some pictures to share...



My Great Grandma Gallagher with 3 of her siblings. She is the 3rd woman pictured. Madeline Wyndham Gallagher

No comments: