Thursday, February 02, 2006

Rev. Massey's Mid Week Epistole- Half Full or Half Empty Life

Do you have a “half-full” or “half-empty” life?
One of the great questions of the world to day is about a glass of water that is half-full. To the optimist, it is only half full and there is a great possibility that it can still have more. To the pessimist, it is half-empty and that is all that is left. Which would you see?
Well, isn't it the same with our own lives? They can either be half-full or half-empty. And it can happen at any time when we are looking for our lost soul or rejoicing in the loving presence of the living Christ. It just depends where you are.
Let me give you another example: It is a wonderful poem that speaks of our lives and I have no idea who the author is, but it is called "Empty or Full"
I gave them to Him,
All the things I'd valued so.
Until I stood there empty-handed.
Every glittering toy did go.

And I walked earth's lonely highways
In my rags and poverty;
'Till I heard His voice entreating,
"Lift your empty hands to me."

Empty hands I lifted to Him
And He filled them with a store
of His own transcendent riches
Till my hands could hold no more.

And I last I comprehended,
With my mind so slow and dull,
That God could not pour His riches
Into hands already full.

Empty your lives so God can pour the fullness of His love there to help you grow.

Let us pray: Loving and Eternal Father. We would give our empty hands and lives to You so that You can fill them with love, and hope for the future. Without Your wisdom and insight into the dilemmas of this world, we would fail and destroy even those we would love the most.
Give us grace and power to find the fullness of Your desires for us right now as we search this world for the reason of this day. We pray this in the blessed name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
As you look at the world today, see if you can find the places that God has caused His love to over-flow.

This has been Rev. Jim Massey, next week we will find out about being lost.

No comments: