Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Including God in your marriage

Submitting To Your Husband
The last week, I have seen this topic brought up for debate on many boards. Not all, but many Christian couples work differently then the "norm."

A friend on a Christian board used a good analogy this week. She said, Her husband is the pilot and she is the co-pilot. Both can drive the plane....But only one can drive it at a time. Yet, Both are needed. That is a great analogy of marriage. Only one person can make the hard choices. In many Christian marriages, this is left up to the husband. The wife does submit, but only in the way that.... She gives her input, and then the husband prays on the issue and submits it to God. And then the husband makes the decision based on God's will.

I have no problem letting my husband decide the big things. What kind of new car we will buy. When were we really done having children. Where are we going to move and live. I gave my input. He took that into consideration. And then, after praying on it... Made the decisions. I have faith in his choices. And more then that, I have faith in his choices and walk with God.

My husband does not tell me what to do, for that would not be God's way. But God made us partners. We are help-mates. Man was not whole without women. So God created women. He gave man, women...So, that man should not be alone. We are partners in God's work.

Submitting to God
We are God's servants. It is our job as Christians to fall on our knees and beg to let us be worthy enough to be His servant. God has given us the ultimate gift, Eternal Life. And what do we give him instead? We beg Him to take our sin and make us clean again.

Last Sunday, our preacher preached on Jesus baptism. To be there. To run after Christ and start your life new again in His love and His teachings. But the wonderful thing about giving your life to God is you are made new again. The person you were, is no longer. You are a new person in Christ love. The chance to wash the slate clean and start over. Because God loves us that much.

But we have to serve God. We have to do as He commands. We have to do His work here on earth. And we have to give our lives to His service.

Everyday, I fall to my knees and beg God. "Please Lord. Today. Let me be Your vessel. Let me do Your will." I hope that people see God, through my acts. I hope they feel closer to Him, by my words.

It always amazes me, when people who call Christians names call us Sheep. God called us His Sheep first. God is our shepherd. Like dumb sheep, we would walk right off a cliff and into sin without God's loving hand to guide us. How wonderful it is to be one of God's flock. Those who use that to demean do not understand God's love or His gift of eternal life.

No comments: