Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A Strange Thing Happened Yesterday.....

Not that strange things do not often happen to me, But I got an email from someone I did not know. Well, they never really identified who they were. They just ask me "What happened to Auggie?" and "How come the telnet is not working?"

So, I emailed them back and told them what I knew. That the computer was having problems that auggie ran on. And as far as I knew it was gone forever. Sad, but true. I told them where to go to find the "angst" group at Eagles Nest and how several of the parents from the site have formed there own web based board.

But, It got me thinking and created something more. A place where there could maybe be updates on those old members. I keep in touch with a few, I know Jen keeps in touch with a few others. Others too who come and go keep in touch with some people but have lost touch with others.

A few months ago I ran into a old auggie person on a conservative online board before the election. She was one of the few females I got along with pretty well, who did not go to my college.

I met Brian online and while we ran in the same circle of people on the BBS, we each went to school with a different group. Leading to even now, keeping in touch here or there with several people.

My idea is a blog of updates on all those long lost people. Hopefully, Andrea and Jen will help me. They both met thier spouses on auggie too.

Maybe someone will be able to find out what is going on with MJ and King and how they are adjusting to life with 2. And I really am interested to find out if Julie had her baby and how she is doing. Julie is the dragon mommy after all.

I wonder if Leo would kill me If I updated everyone on his life? hmmm....I will have to msg him and I will have to bug Karla to write something about her own life right now that I can update people on. She is afterall, making a great fresh start. I am sure people would love to send some positive vibes her way. I really miss her. I hope she does get to come visit me soon. Nobody else would swear I got them drunk then made them walk 30 miles. Of course it was a whole 30 feet from the party to my dorm room. But hey, what do drunk college students know right?

How many people have gone astray....some, they wanted to just disappear. But they never really did. Because they reached out and touched our lives. When someone changes your life, you just dont forget about them.

No comments: