Thursday, January 06, 2005

Trash on TV

I have to admit from the onset that one of my favorite shows is Overhaulin. But I do not consider it like the rest of these stupid reality tv shows. These shows do little more then show the worst side of human beings. It makes me sick.

One of the big news storys this week was Fox pulling a reality TV show about an adopted girl finding her father. The twist being that she chooses him out of like several men.

The first season of survivor, the show played on the emotions of the women missing her children. Granted, it was her choice to go on this stupid show. But we have taken this too far as a society. I realize people watch these shows. It still makes me sick. I am dissapointed in family members and friends who would watch these trashy tv shows. Shows that just further degrade fellow human beings for profit.

I do understand people volunteer to go on these shows. But Why? I just really do not understand the thinking behind someone going on one of these shows. Win a lot of money? hmm..work hard. Earn your money. You are earning the millions by selling your pride by going on one of these shows.

Survivor, Big Brother, The biggest loser, Who wants to Marry a millionare, The bachelor, etc... These shows are a sad statement about what has become our normal society and culture in america. You can make a million too. All you have to do is degrade yourself to do it. Sad.

No comments: