Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Secret Get Aways

We are going on a not so secret get away this weekend. This is the first time since having children, we will be sneaking off without them. I feel guilty and at the same time....excited.

We have a church confrance to go to this weekend. I really could do without the confrance...but it is a good reason to be away. We will spend all day saturday learning how to serve the church.

But we get to go down on friday night. We will go dancing. We will go eat at resturants without kiddie menus. We will maybe catch a movie before we come home Sunday evening.

The kids are staying with Grandma. They are excited...and a little nervous. But this will be great for all of us. Couples need time alone together. My dear husband who has to be bugged a million times to do things like make reservations....has had these made for a month. I think he is pretty excited about our trip.

This is the furthest I will have ever been away from my babies. I know they are not babies anymore. My son will start school this fall. I will have a child in Kindergarden! This is a big step for this family. I know we are going to have fun. Now, If I would just get busy and get all of us packed to be gone from friday morning until sunday night!

No comments: