Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Abortion and other acts of playing God

One of the things that strikes me is how many times today, man trys to make himself God. Has that changed through history? Yesterday I found myself in an IVF debate. I am extremely pro-life. I always take the stand for life. I am against abortion for all reasons, I am against the death penalty. I do not believe in euthenasia. ....but what about creating life? Should man take extreme measures to begin life and what is considered extreme? Isn't this the center of the Embryonic stem cell question?

There are many bueatiful children created by IVF. And I read someone's opinion yesterday that they would be fine with it if only one egg was fertalized and implanted..or the number fertelized were always the number planted at a time. frozen eggs they were ok with, frozen fertalized eggs, not so much. I take the opinion that even in this God has shown us himself. IT is this technology that will one day render abortion obsolete. But I can not stand and say that IVF is NOT playing God. I believe it is.

I found this quote...so I thought I would post it with all this.

"The greatest act of faith is when man decides he is not God."

Know ye that the Lord He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Psalm 100:3

No comments: