Saturday, October 14, 2006

God's Will

Over and over I have asked myself, Why Monroe? When everything was falling apart last spring, I kept praying faithfully..."Thy Will. Thy Will for our family. Thy Will for our lives. Father, Always, Thy Will be done." And more then once the last few months I have asked, "Why Monroe?"

A lady in my old church told me one time about how hard it was to accept when things were for our good. We get so excited about helping others...but when it is for us...well, that is a little harder to accept.

Tonight, I was reading a devotional and one of the things that stuck out to me was that author of it was telling about how, they forgot to look at life. The story was of a women with her mother on a trip. And the mother, normally buried in a book in a long car trip, was anxiously looking for animals. Asking what had gotten into her, she said..."The sign back there said 'watch for animals'" and so that is what she was doing. She had seen so many new things, but if she had failed to stop and see the signs, what wonders of God she would of missed.

I think a lot about my own life. I have always felt God made me for a purpose. So many times, I have felt God's hand guiding me. He has given me so many special gifts, that He made just for me. Gifts other people did not have. I wonder if I am using them for all His good that I could. Many of them I was using in Silver City. I was doing God's work using the gifts He had given me. And then, He in his ultamite wisdom brought me here to Monroe. Am I doing what He wills for me here? It is not without trying that I have failed to become involved in any sort of real activity here. Everytime I finally get to a point where I can, Life comes along and pulls me out. And I wonder too if that is Thy Will. God's purpose here is not to use those gifts. And I do not understand it.

But then, maybe I do not need to understand. Maybe I just need to go with the flow until God points me in the direction. Keep trying, and enjoy the scenes around me as I "Watch for Animals".

No comments: