Wednesday, October 04, 2006

How to Live a Prayer - Mid week Epistole by Jim Massey

How to live a Prayer
Many times we find our prayer time consists of asking God for His presence to come into our lives or into a circumstance. We are caught up in struggles and we do not truly take the time to realize that the greatest power we bring to a problem is our prayers.
Jesus taught us to pray. He gave us the words and the example to live that would justify praying a prayer such as the Lord’s Prayer. The way He prayed was to live the prayer He would pray.
Let me show you an example. This is a prayer that was prayed over 150 years ago:

Lord, help me to glorify You.
I am poor, help me to glorify You by being content.
I am sick, help me to glorify You with patience.
I have talents, help me to glorify You by using them.
I have time, help me to redeem it by serving You.
I have a heart, let me feel no love but Yours.
I can think, let me meditate on You.

When I read that prayer, I realized that it was the way that life brings our hearts to God in prayer.

Heavenly Father, let us truly glorify you in the way we care for others. Let us truly show the patience and grace You tell us we have been provided with in the way we speak and hold our children and loved ones. God, we come to You this day in a life of prayer. Help us pray before others. We ask this in the blessed name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

This has been Rev. Jim Massey. Join me next week when we see the Larger Perspective for our world.

No comments: