Sunday, October 22, 2006

Shalom

Shalom to you now, shalom my friend
May God’s full mercy bless you my friend
In all your living, and through your loving
Christ be your shalom, Christ be your shalom.


Every sunday we end our service with this song. During the service we have a greet your neighbor time, but it is called "the passing of the peace". It reminds me that peace is not found in this world, but in only God. That only God can offer us peace. Searching the world for peace is a useless attempt. Peace comes through knowing God.

Shalom means peace in Hebrew. When we talk about it, we are talking about that inner peace. God's peace that we carry within ourselves.

To each of those I love, I wish Shalom. It can be a greeting or a goodbye. But always peace, through God's love.

No comments: