Thursday, February 10, 2005

Birthdays, Anniversarys and Valentines Day

In two days, Brian and I will have been together for 6 years. 6 years. EEK! I can honestly say It is amazing to me. I still love him so much. Sometimes I worry I love him a little too much. But then I see that he may love me just a little too much too.

We are not like other couples. We do not take vacations minus our children. Our children all have colds and well, Last night our king bed slept 5. Well, until our almost 4 year old threw up from all the snot running down her throat (she has a sensitive stomach) and I took her and "the baby" (Our almost 23.5 month old) to the other queen size bed to sleep. Today of course I have had to do a lot of laundry. But that is what we are. Not just a couple, a family. Brian completes me in a way I can not explain. His love makes me grow and change and encourages me to be the best person I can be. We have had our hard times, but that deep love is there and I know always will be. We do not go out with other people, and we spend all our free time together. We enjoy each others company.

As you can imagine, valentines day is pretty special to us. I need to find him another gift. I have given him all the ones I bought him already. lol. And all the cards too. Bad Me. We went out of town for a weekend getaway 2 weekends ago, so I am not sure we can get a babysitter for even to go out for dinner this weekend. Will have to see.

Next week I will be 32 years old. Not a big milestone I guess. But, I do not feel 32. I do not feel 30!! I still feel like a young 20something. I keep wondering how I kept ageing and life kept going and I feel like I stopped a long time ago.

As I age I become a lot more conservative. Issues that before I would be opposed to I felt I didnt have a right to say anything else about....now, I am a mother. Every issue is a matter personal to me. We are talking about my children's future. How can I not speak up on them?

The week after my birthday my baby girl turns 2. She has words, she just does not use them. And boy has she already started to act two. I may not survive. She is going to be the worst by far. That little cross my arms and tell you "humph." Lord, Grant me patiance please.

Life just is going so fast. I just want it to slow down so I can spend this day loving my family. I do not want this day to slip away....Not before I can tell them how much they mean to me.

I am a little sentimental today. I read a post on one of my hangouts from a mom whose own mother died 18 years ago. She and I post together on a conservative message board. August will be 10 years since my own mom died. There is this anger you carry with you. That she missed so much of your life. And a little jealousy that others got to have thier moms at their weddings or when they had thier first child. There is a saddness and a feeling of being alone in the world. Moms are special. My mom was the best. But that is a post for another day......

No comments: