Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"Sic 'Em" -Mid Week Epistole by Rev. Jim Massey

A missionary was living among the Native American Indians and was talking to one of the elder tribesmen about their life. The man replied: "It is like there are two dogs in my heart, a red dog and a white dog. The red dog is the old devil, and the white dog is my new life which Jesus has given me. These dogs are fighting all the time, sometimes fierce!"

The missionary, hoping for a victorious religious answer asked, "Which dog wins?"

"Which dog wins?" said the old man. "The one I say 'Sic 'em' to!"

The decision is always up to us. We make the choice. God doesn't force us. He is superbly courteous and patient. He even reminds us that He "stands at the door, knocking. If one of you hears my calling and opens the door, I will come in to share his meal, side by side with him." (Revelations 3:20).

Come Lord, Jesus into our hearts today. As we begin another month with you and we are near the middle of the year, let us find the things in our lives that separate us from Your grace and invite Your Holy Spirit to come and 'Sic 'em." In Christ's blessed name we pray. Amen.

This has been Rev. Jim Massey. As we prepare to part for another night, remember this one thing: No one can make you sin without your permission! Join me next we and we will talk about the hard times that are ahead

No comments: