Thursday, June 15, 2006

Wishes and Dreams...

I used to dream that one day...someone would come and rescue me. Make it all ok. Take away everything...and Just make just one of my dreams come true. My white knight didnt ride a horse, but he saved me none the less.

Somewhere....I stopped being the dreamer. I stopped waiting to be saved, because no one ever really came to rescue me. That "hope"ful part got crushed under the weight of broken promises and lost dreams. It was like losing the best part of me.

Everyone dies, everyone leaves, everyone hurts you. They break your heart, and they only try hard to do what is right. But where do you find what is right for you in the mix? Where do you find you that dies because your dreams do not come true. No one ever comes to rescue you? All your wishes happen to everyone else...and you...well...you picked the wrong star to make that wish on.


Bryan White - Someone Else's Star Lyrics

Alone again tonight
Without someone to love
The stars are shining bright
So one more wish goes up
Oh I wish I may
And I wish with all my might
For the love I’m dreaming of
And missing in my life

You'd think that I could find
A true love of my own
It happens all the time
To people that I know
Their wishes all come true
So I’ve got to believe
There's still someone out there who
It meant for only me

Chorus:
I guess I must be wishin
On someone else's star
It seems like someone else
Keeps gettin' what I’m wishin for
Why can't I be as lucky as those other people are
I guess I must be wishin
On someone else's star

I sit here in the dark
And stare up at the sky
But I can't give my heart
One good reason why
Everywhere I look
It's lovers that I see
Seems like everyone's in love
With everyone but me



(chorus)

Why can't I be as lucky
As those other people are
Oh I guess I must be wishin
On someone else's star

No comments: