Friday, December 24, 2004

Changes in the Plan

So, Our Christmas Eve did not turn out as we had expected it to be. Right now I am suppose to be standing in front of the full church singing my celebration unto the Lord. Thankfully laying my heart before him, as I take communion.

Our Christmas did not work out that way. My husband runs two hotels. The person who was suppose to work the 2nd shift at one did not show up. Such is life. The important thing is that we were all together.

So, I packed up the Kid's christmas eve present. PJ's of course. And I packed up our christmas eve snack/dinner. I stopped and picked up a few accessorys courtsey of Sonic....and we had our christmas eve together in the office of the hotel.

Of course our dinner, get together was inturpted a few times by guest. I am not complaining though. Lot's of guest mean it is a good month for our hotels. A good month here means bonus's from our parent company. More money in January. God again has blessed us.

Life is much like today's christmas eve. It does not always go the way you plan. But that is ok. Sometimes it is just important that we seek out the good in the path we have been asked to walk. God often has a plan for us. It is not always clear to us. And sometimes, we beg Him for a different direction. But He always has a plan for us. I am just thankful, He allows me to sometimes be filled with His will. Allows me to do His work here on earth. Allows me the chance to show Him, how much I love Him.

Dear Father,
Tonight on this most holy of nights. As we celebrate the gift You gave to each of us. The gift of life and light. You are so close to us, I open my heart so that you will come in and fill me. Dear Lord, Let me always be a vessel for you. Let me always walk in your light. Let me always do your will where I can. Lord, Let me worthy of your gift. The Son, The Light, The Life ever lasting. Lord, Make me worthy. May I always fall on my knees and give you praise and thanks. Your Child.

No comments: