Friday, December 31, 2004

Two Poems

Untitled 1

i miss you
i miss our bodies lieing together
wrapped up as one soul
one dream of the future
one beat away from complete totalness
i wish we could be together again
like we were before
but now everything is different
everything is a heartbeat away from chaos
and we are together..yet apart
i dream of you
and things being as they were before
when our hearts beat as one
its not that i am unhappy with now
i just....
miss yesterday
and us
things are so new...and unexpected
I wish for just a minute
i could see that old look
You used to look at me with such love
but now all i see is tiredness in your eyes.
no desire, no need, nothing for me.
I wonder if you still love me
Will I ever see that look again?
or is it gone forever
Does the sleeplessness wash away your feelings
were they ever really true?
I keep dreaming and I wait..and I hope
that one day..
i will see that look again in your eyes
Again... you will love me.
s.l.thomas


Untitled 2

tonight I called out for you
and even though you were close you did not hear my cry
my heart sank and my dreams with it
i dreamed i was lieing with you
and you with me
two as one
tonight i dreamed of our yesterday
a past of longing and wonderment
an inimaginable beating of one..yet two
a rhythem of loving and raw need
a look of longing and impromtu gestures
overwhelming feelings and the earth moved
in my dream i too was thrown in motion
i was set free and i flew on the wings of hope
i tackled the undoable and was able to soar
i took the love in your eyes and was set free
but it was only a dream of the past
the present is so chaotic and clausterphobic
entrenched in lonelyness
alone i sit
waiting for you to return to me
for our yesterday and todays dream
for you to once again, love me
s.l.thomas

No comments: