Wednesday, December 22, 2004

The Holidays are almost upon us...

Tonight is the Christmas party for my husbands employee's. My husband showed up last night with 6 bags of food including a giant turkey. He then decided to ask me if I would, in fact, cook all the food for the dinner tonight. lol. It is a very very good thing, I love that man with all my heart. Or he may of been hit up side the head with the giant turkey.

So, Last Night I baked 3 cakes. White cake with White Icing, Chocolate cake with Chocolate Icing, and a Carrot cake with Cream Cheese Icing. I have been up since 7 am cooking a turkey and I have rolls rising. In fear of not having enough rolls, I sent Brian back out today for quick Brown and Serve Rolls to add to the homemade ones I am making.

I wrapped his presents for his gift exchange, While I talked on the phone with my sister. My family lives 2,000 miles away and although my sister and I talk Once a week or more, I still miss her a lot. I actually have 3 sisters, but this one and I are only 16 months apart. I am the oldest of 4 girls.

About 1 I will be able to pull the turkey out and bake the rolls. By 2 I need to have the corn in the crockpot to cook. Things will get really crazy about 3:30-4. That is when the Yams have to go in the oven, I have to peel 10 lbs of potoatos for mashed potoatos, and Get the Carrots ready to go on. No stuffing this year. The baked potoatos too will have to go in about 3:30. I better add to my list that time.

We have 40 employee's and thier familys coming for dinner. Thankfully, the one hotel has a breakfast room, where we will all sit as a family and take our meal. This staff has become our family. At least part of it. People argue, They take care of each other when they need taking care of, and more then that...they love each other. We are so blessed to have these people in our lives. Life is not always easy living on the property of the two hotels. There is always something that needs our urgent attention. But God has truely led us here.

I hope you each have a wonderful holiday. May God bless you too this Wonderful Christmas.

No comments: